Welcome

Welcome to The Jaded Word where anything and everything is up for discussion. Respectful commentary and dialogue is always encouraged here. Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

God Used Me Today

Have you ever heard God speak to your spirit?

Today, while shoe shopping with my daughter, I heard Him speak to me. For some reason this lady was drawn to us, she always seemed to be on my aisle or in the same general area we were in. Now I'm not typically prone to talking to strangers while I'm on a shoe mission, but this time was different. We ended up talking a little bit about her twins and how beautiful I thought their names (Messiah and Brooklyn) were. She talked to my daughter and we even shared opinions on the shoes we were thinking of buying. Near the end, we just gradually drifted to other areas of the store but of course she ended up in line behind me. The line wasn't long but I had enough time to get out my $5 off coupon. For some reason I turn to her and ask if she has a coupon, she smiled and nodded "No". So I said, "let me get you one, because they just sent me another one today and I'm almost sure it will expire before I need to come in here to buy shoes again". She stood smiling while I made sure the extra coupon was valid and then I handed it to her. She smiled again, said thank you to me and then said "Thank you God!" She thanked me again before I left the store and even one more time in the parking lot when she realized she had parked next to me.

 I really didn't think much of it then but that coupon was good for another 45 days.  Normally, I'm really stingy with my coupons, but for some reason I came off this one with no concerns. The point to this story is, God uses us in so many ways. That $5 off coupon might not mean a lot to some but maybe for her it made the difference in whether or not she could  buy that second pair or shoes. I am so glad I listened when God spoke to me. The lady was clearly grateful to me but I should be grateful that He chose me to be a blessing to someone else.

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome story. You're right. That may have made a huge difference in her life.

    It's so awesome to be able to see God use you to help someone else. There's no better feeling that to be able to bless someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was beautiful!! Yeah God is awesome, he moves in mysterious ways literally. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete