Welcome

Welcome to The Jaded Word where anything and everything is up for discussion. Respectful commentary and dialogue is always encouraged here. Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Damage Control

I've been watching a lot of talk shows lately and I'm still amazed at how many people will put their business out there for millions of strangers to see. How many times can the same female go to Maury for a DNA test? After telling guy #25 "you are NOT the father" wouldn't you give up? I think I might. How many times can you run off stage crying because you were 110% positive that this dude was the kids' father and you were wrong. It's ridiculous. I wonder if these people ever sit down and consider the damage they are really doing to themselves and their families. Sometimes I want to tell these women to think before you act. We all make mistakes but you have to move on. What's more important, testing 20 or more men or raising a healthy well adjusted child? Personally, I'll take the latter.

Although every child deserves to know their father, I wouldn't want my kid to one day pull up the archived footage of me on some talk show testing multiple men to prove their paternity. Not only would they have to deal with possibly never knowing the truth about their dad, but now they have to deal with a truth about mom. The truth that mom put herself out there with so many men, unprotected, and now she doesn't know who my father is. The child doesn't care that mom is suffering from her own emotional baggage, or that she is acting out because of some childhood trauma that has yet to heal. If I can see the woman has issues, it's possible the child can see it as well.

This isn't about judgment, it's about choices. We have to stop being victims and take our lives back, at any cost. We have to be accountable for our behavior so we are free to move on . Whatever is going on now or has happened in the past, we have a choice of what we put out there for the world to see. We have to decide what's in the best interest for ALL parties involved and make the best choice for the family. We have to stop looking for fame and think about the inevitable damage you could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment