Welcome

Welcome to The Jaded Word where anything and everything is up for discussion. Respectful commentary and dialogue is always encouraged here. Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Emotional Roller Coaster

As the work week is finally ending I suddenly realize I've been on an emotional roller coaster this week. First I sent my daughter to school on the bus for the first time. She had the biggest smile on her face because now she is a "big girl" but I cried all the way back to my home. Then on the same day, I get an instant message from one of my friends letting me know that another friend had passed away from a battle with cancer, and there went the water works all over again.

Yesterday was non-eventful, I tried not to focus on my sadness and actually found some time to laugh. I was able to get through the day with only a little work drama and little human interaction.
Today, was much better, we have the kid all set to start softball. She is excited to try something new, I'm excited that she's excited, and Daddy is excited because his baby girl is interested in sports. Talk about the little things, LOL.

 Now with that being said, I know life has it's ups and downs but it's how we handle each situation that really determines who we are. This week, I chose to focus on the good times with my friend, her zest for life, and her determination to put up a good fight. I cried for a while, but I realized she wouldn't want sadness, she would want me to remember her fondly and that I do. It has been a tough week for me but I'm still here. I know that I am strong, I know that I am faithful, and I know above all, God doesn't make mistakes. When I pray to Him and ask that His will be done, I have faith it is done. So tonight, after this very difficult week, I can sleep easy and rest well knowing that I am safe in His arms and can do all things through Christ.
Be Blessed Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment