Welcome

Welcome to The Jaded Word where anything and everything is up for discussion. Respectful commentary and dialogue is always encouraged here. Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sky: My Ultimate Blessing

As I watched my daughter sleep, I realized how special she was and how blessed I am. This child can bring about so many emotions in me. She is a blessing because I was once told she would never be here because of trauma I had experienced in my past. I'm blessed because God said "only I have the final word, the doctors must not know what I can do".

I knew from day one that she was going to be something special. We had to work so hard to bring her into this world, (anything that difficult had to be worth it). Now she's here and I'm still amazed at how she came to be. I've only told a few people about our journey to parenthood, so I think I may have a different outlook on the entire experience than most. I can't share right now, but maybe one day soon. Just know that my baby girl is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She has taught me so much about myself. She's also taught me a lot about life. If you're a parent, you understand what I mean (if not, just wait and see). Every day I watch her blossom and every day I see myself in her eyes. She forces me to be patient and understanding, even on those days when she "tries it", I have to dig deep. When she says "I love you mama", for no reason at all, I know it's pure and coming straight from her heart. That kind of love will humble you quickly and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am so glad I chose to put my faith in God and not man. When man said NO, God said YES and here she is today. I am so amazed at her and I'm in awe of God. Through her creation, I now know what TRUE love is. A love that allowed my Heavenly Father to say I was worthy enough to look after His creation. A love like that is so overwhelming, yet so calming at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment