Welcome

Welcome to The Jaded Word where anything and everything is up for discussion. Respectful commentary and dialogue is always encouraged here. Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Building Bridges

There comes a point in your life when you have to learn to forgive certain things. I think I speak from experience since I was once a person who could "take a grudge to the grave" if I had to; I have since changed my perspective. Holding grudges sucked the life out of me.  I had to learn there are some people who will never see things like you, they will never love like you, and they may never understand how their actions shaped who you are today.

Though time had passed and life had moved on, I still held on to all of the bad stuff instead of realizing how much I benefitted from the bad treatment. See, thanks to the bad boyfriends and the best friend from hell, I figured out a lot about myself. I realized I am worthy of love (that's what led me to the man I am now married to); I am worthy of a friend who gives like I give (I've had the same BFF since the 10th grade) and I am most certainly free from the crap that caused my severe bouts of depression during the last two years of high school.

I've learned to simply build bridges and get over the things I can't control while changing the things I can. It really is that simple.
Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment