Welcome

Welcome to The Jaded Word where anything and everything is up for discussion. Respectful commentary and dialogue is always encouraged here. Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

For The Longest Time

(Reposted from my Face Book status)
 
I stepped out to run errands during lunch and I stopped at RaceTrac to take advantage of their free coffee. It was packed of course and blocking the coffee dispensers were a bunch of kids talking it up. I was mad because I have stuff to do. I was getting ready to leave, when the manager said "anyone standing in line for free coffee has to sing". They looked at each other, someone counted 1..2..3..... and then they began to sing "For the longest time" (I think that's Billy Joel). Let me say, they sounded amazing and changed my mood instantly. I found out they were returning from singing at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
This reminded me 1) How much fun I had in show choir and 2)How free spirited kids really are. These kids didn't make a fuss or catch an attitude, they stood there and gave joy to everyone in the store. Be blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment