Welcome

Welcome to The Jaded Word where anything and everything is up for discussion. Respectful commentary and dialogue is always encouraged here. Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

20/20 (A Poem)


I often try to do what’s right, no matter what the cost
It may mean losing a friend or two but really it’s not that big of a loss
Many times the road I choose may seem far off to some
But life for me has been a trial with more tests sure to come

I never sit and wait for things to fall in place for me
Perhaps that’s one of my downfalls, for what will be will be
Try not to look at me and sigh, and say “what’s up with her?
I’ve had somewhat of a really tough year, but to discuss, I wouldn’t prefer
Life’s ups and downs and in-betweens have forced my hand a bit
I now take time to think things through instead of having a fit

Moving on and pressing forward are necessary you see,
For no matter what you try to control, only God determines what will be
No time for drama, I’m a brand new me, accepting any challenges that come
Making room for lots of new things and marching to the beat of a new drum
My journey, I can tell, is far from done,  I’m learning more each day
I see things just a bit more clearly, so there’s not much more I can say
I’m living life and loving more, as time waits for no man
Please be patient, I’m still growing, but I’m doing the best that I can
Try not to worry, please don’t fret, I’m still the girl you knew
I am still just a little bit jaded, and to myself I must be true
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment